MY EXPERIENCE & APPROACH
I have been fortunate to teach and tutor Philosophy extensively. I have tutored Philosophy for a number of years and have taught the subject at Monash University and high schools around Melbourne.
I have been a judge and facilitator at the Philosothon (a philosophy competition for high school students) and have been an official VAPS Philosophy tutor.
I tailor my tutoring style to the specific needs of each individual student. I pride myself on delivering tutoring that is effective and relevant, and seek always to provide a compassionate, understanding tutoring environment.
My PHILOSOPHY tutoring accomplishments
HOW I HAVE HELPED STUDENTS
As a philosophy teacher and tutor I have:
- Taken students from B and C averages to A’s on the final exam.
- Mentored a student who went on to win a Premier’s Award for the subject.
- Tutored a student who won two awards from Monash University for her work in philosophy.
- Increased my school’s median study score for Philosophy.
- Helped students improve their comprehension of complex philosophical texts.
- Worked with students to improve the quality of their philosophical expression